Caput Capitis Preparatory School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a new generation of education - students chosen by potential and geared for success in their desired careers.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Dose of Your Own Medicine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beckett Clayton
Resident of Jonesport
Beckett Clayton

A Dose of Your Own Medicine   Empty
PostSubject: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:23 am

Beckett scratched his fingers against the rough fabric of the hospital gown cloaking him, eyes ticking along with the second hand of the clock. His lips, poised as though hanging on to some unspoken word moved now for the first time in what seemed like hours.
"Don't touch me with that." He reprimanded the young nurse at his bedside. She stepped back from him, her blue eyes growing wide and her hand flying up. For a moment, she blinked at Beck, before finally turning and exiting the room.
Settling his head back into its crevice that had molded into the hospital bed pillow due to the longevity of his supposed "incarceration."
Beckett let out a long sigh and raised his hand up to press the nurse call button. The door swung open just then; before Beckett could question whether or not the nurses had psychic ability, blonde curls emerged from behind the door. His hand dropped, as Beckett stared as Cole entered the room.
A tense moment of silence passed between them before Beck finally said "What?"
Back to top Go down
Colby Lewis
Student Teacher
Colby Lewis

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:45 am

Colby had been sitting outside the room in a bright blue uncomfortable plastic blue chair for the past three hours. That's what's she did everyday, came and sat outside Beck's hospital room for nine hours, asking the various nurses what was going on with the loser inside the room. At 12:49pm on day six of nine hours outside a room she entered maybe once when she was certain the cute blond occupant was in dreamland, Cole decided she was hungry. So she drove to the nearest takeout tItalian restaurant and ordered two triple cheese personal pizzas and a order of noodles with Alfredo and trekked it back to the hospital. She stood outside the room for ten minutes when she got back, before an odd look from a doctor gave her the final push to enter the room. She did so quickly, but then stood in the doorway until beck opened his mouth. As soon as he did so she crossed the room and dropped the bag of food onto the pullout table next to him. "I got you food" she sat by the window with her box of pasta and watched him
Back to top Go down
Beckett Clayton
Resident of Jonesport
Beckett Clayton

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:51 am

Staring at the food, Beckett felt his stomach growl and his mouth begin to water. However, he flicked his eyes away, focusing instead on the door again.
"I'm not hungry." He responded simply, scratching once again at the hospital gown. His eyes roamed around the room, fleeting over everything except Cole. He couldn't bring himself to settle his gaze on her. Guilt tore at his stomach until he thought that maybe he actually wasn't hungry. Perhaps he'd become sick due to his medication.
Beckett grabbed the remote for his bed from a small white tray table and ran his fingers over it. He couldn't make it sit up straighter or lay back more, but he could make it lift up and down, watching the ceiling grow closer and then become farther away.
Back to top Go down
Colby Lewis
Student Teacher
Colby Lewis

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:02 am

Cole watched him, legs crossed pasta dish on the tiny side table that was jammed in the corner. She popped it open and twirled her fork in the noodles, taking a bite "alright, I'll take it when I leave. I'm sure I can find someone to eat it" she said and then took another bite, pulling her phone out of her pocket and firing a few texts at her brother about that status of her dumbAss not boyfriend. Cole pocket the phone and took another bite
Back to top Go down
Beckett Clayton
Resident of Jonesport
Beckett Clayton

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 am

"You know," Beck started, raising the bed up, "you don't need to stay here. I'll be fine on my own."
That was a lie. He was thoroughly aware of it; he made no attempt to go back and cover up his tracks. Beck wished he'd never had said those words.
I love you.
They were dumb... And he was dumb. But even worse was the nagging feeling that he had needed to say them.
Beck licked his lips and lowered the bed, turning his head to the side to look at Cole, "I don't want," he started, then cringed, clenching his jaw, "I don't want you to be here if you don't want to. You could be doing other things."
Back to top Go down
Colby Lewis
Student Teacher
Colby Lewis

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:15 am

Colby swallowed her pasta. It was too hot. She took a drink from her water bottle, taking her tiny to reply. She set her phone on the table, and tried to sound as disinterest as possible "nah, I come every day anyway, just figured I'd come inside the room when you were conscious today. Hallway was getting a bit nippy" she took another bite so she wouldn't say more. She actually hadn't planned in sharing that she came everyday, just yesterday she had sworn a certain Lucas Clayton to secrecy and then she was blowing it without his help. Perfect. She swallowed "the chairs in here are more comfy" and then quickly filled her mouth with more pasta
Back to top Go down
Beckett Clayton
Resident of Jonesport
Beckett Clayton

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:19 am

Beck nodded, "well. I would offer to leave so that you had this room to yourself, but I am, unfortunately stuck here." And I hate it, he wanted to add. Hospitals gave Beck a weird feeling, one that made his head pound and his palms sweat. But there was no getting up and leaving this time around. He was stuck, for god knows how long.
"You can watch TV if you'd like," Beck offered Cole, looking at the small television mounted on the wall, "or you can just eat silently and not speak to me."
He pressed his tongue to the roof of his mouth and let out a deep breath.
Smooth, Beckett. Smooth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dose of Your Own Medicine    A Dose of Your Own Medicine   Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dose of Your Own Medicine
Page 1 of 1