Caput Capitis Preparatory School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a new generation of education - students chosen by potential and geared for success in their desired careers.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's not a date - we're just studying dates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb Sharmin
Graduate of Caput Capitis
Caleb Sharmin

Zodiac : Cancer Posts : 8

It's not a date - we're just studying dates Empty
PostSubject: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:44 pm

"Alright," Caleb sat up, popping his knuckles and returning his attention to the history book spread out before him. His eyes roamed over the small printed words. After a moment, he looked up at Maura, his lips turned down in small frown, "I just don't understand it. I can't memorize the dates. I mean.. Columbus sailed the blue in 1892? Or was it 1692? Or... 1792?" He questioned, sliding the history book away from him in defeat. Caleb looked up at Maura; he crossed his ropy arms over his chest, leaning back in the small chair and taking a sip of his Hazelnut macchiato, "I just don't understand it."
Back to top Go down
Maura Montez
Head Stewardess
Maura Montez

Zodiac : Taurus Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Maura had protested tutoring Caleb. She could not stand him. He was big headed and flirted too much and got on her every nerve.... or at least thats what she told Cade. He wasn't //that// bad. Sure he was loud and really obnoxious and his hair was dumb and he liked baseball (of ALL THE SPORTS!), but he was also kind and didn't treat her differently, and that was something Maura really enjoyed. But this not knowing history thing? She hopped it was a joke. "1492, Caleb. 'In Fourteen Hundred Ninety Two Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue'"
Back to top Go down
Caleb Sharmin
Caleb Sharmin

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:04 pm

"And why the fuck did he sail the ocean blue?" Caleb questioned, his lip twitching up at the side, he raked his eyes over Maura's features, allowing them to travel over the planes of her face; land on her down turned lips. Caleb was aware that she wasn't happy that she had to tutor him - in fact, Caleb was more than aware that he did not, in any way, make her happy, despite his attempts to. "History is too easy to get confused. I mean, our own history teacher got it wrong yesterday. He said that Abner Doubleday invented baseball; that's just an urban legend."
Back to top Go down
Maura Montez
Head Stewardess
Maura Montez

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:11 pm

"He was looking for India" Maura said, scowling slightly and glancing back at her phone, before sending a text to her brother that said something like 'I can't believe you are making me do this you tosspot' Maura looked up when he mentioned baseball and shrugged "Can't know everything." she said and ran a hand over the wheel of her chair, thinking for a moment "I mean you can't know the entire history of the Catholic Popes, every detail of the French Revolution,and who invented baseball"
Back to top Go down
Caleb Sharmin
Caleb Sharmin

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:19 pm

"But he found America instead. I know that part. And how he and the explorers were cruel to the Native Americans," Caleb paused, licking his lips. He took another sip of his coffee, casting his eyes to the History book that he'd pushed away from himself, "I can remember things about baseball and public speakers. But let's be real, you know pretty much everything. Is there even anything you're bad at?" Caleb questioned, only half-flirting with her. He leaned forward, clasping his hands together on the table.
Back to top Go down
Maura Montez
Head Stewardess
Maura Montez

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Maura clicked her pen on the table and nodded, watching him carefully. She did wish he wouldn't smile, it made her wish that- No. She had promised herself she wouldn't go there. She didn't want a boyfriend. She didn't even want Caleb as a friend. He was friends with Marco and liked baseball, so she decided to revert back to her snarky side. The cruel humor she'd gotten from her dad "Walking and Math" She told him, and spun the straw in her coffee. She didn't even like coffee.
Back to top Go down
Caleb Sharmin
Caleb Sharmin

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Clearing his throat awkwardly, Caleb shifted in his seat, bringing his clasped hands up to his mouth, "Could be worse," he started, unable to stop the words before they fell from his lips, "some people are unable to breathe or feed themselves." shutting his mouth, Caleb focused on the history book, pulling it back towards him. He hated when people joked about their disabilities or situations, as though those things actually limited them as people. Maura was perfectly healthy - beautiful and lively, even. "At least you're alive."
Caleb's words had a certain edge to them; he immediately regretted them. But he bit back an apology, cursing himself for the blush that spread across his cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Maura Montez
Head Stewardess
Maura Montez

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Maura stared at him a moment before laughing once, breathily "It was joke, dude" She said and pushed her hair out of her face "I can walk... Sometimes on a good day. Not much, but I can. And I don't have to wear shoes." She gave him a thumbs up and tossed her hair slightly. "Back to studying. What do you actually have to know? Seb's taking me to the mall in a few hours with Marco and Belle, so I don't really have all the time in the world"
Back to top Go down
Caleb Sharmin
Caleb Sharmin

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Caleb pursed his lips and scolded himself inwardly, pushing on the sensitive area of his wrist. "Dammit Caleb, you aren't good for anything!" The sharp voice in his mind caused him to shake his head, muttering a soft "no," before he flicked his eyes back to Maura. He gave her a weak smile. "Look. If you don't wanna be here, you don't have to be. I don't need the help enough to force you to stay here and be miserable."
Back to top Go down
Maura Montez
Head Stewardess
Maura Montez

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:43 am

Maura sighed. Great. Now she hurt his feelings. Why were people so damn sensitive?!? "No. It's alright. I'd actually jump at the chance to make Seb go alone with them. He needs to feel awkward sometimes, you know?" She asked and readjusted in her chair. "I'm gonna get a tea, then we should study, right?"
Back to top Go down
Caleb Sharmin
Caleb Sharmin

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:45 pm

"Ummm.... we have a test soon on...." Caleb racked his brain, trying to figure out what he'd last heard the History teacher talking about, "American Revolution, I think." he said, licking his lips and flipping the pages in the textbook. He looked up, smiling softly at Maura. His feelings of anger dissipated, as quick as it had come on; he laughed, "lemme guess, it was a revolution in America?"
Back to top Go down
Maura Montez
Head Stewardess
Maura Montez

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:57 pm

"Wow. Do you even need a tutor?" Maura asked, rolling her eyes and taking a long drink of her tea/coffee, before sighing "It was when America freed itself from British Rule. Very Violent, much like other wars. Loads of blood and guns and dying. No fun" she said, and started to doodle eyes on the corner of her notepad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's not a date - we're just studying dates   It's not a date - we're just studying dates Empty

Back to top Go down

It's not a date - we're just studying dates
Page 1 of 1