Welcome to a new generation of education - students chosen by potential and geared for success in their desired careers.

HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Totally a date

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James Montez
School Nurse

Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 9

PostSubject: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:00 am

James walked into the coffee shop, yawning slightly and checking his email on his fancy shmancy windows phone. He had to be back by Friday. He'd put in his two weeks at the hospital, saying he wanted to be closer to his family, And It was true, he did. Sadly, this did not excuse him from two more weeks of setting broken arms and legs and the occasional actually surgery, so for the time, He was both a school nurse and a surgeon. He looked around the tiny coffee shop. Rachel was no where to be seen, neither where either of his children. That was... Good? He didn't know. He ordered a Chai tea and found a nice armchair and settled in, waiting for some member of his clan to arrive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel Montez
Latin Professor

Zodiac : Libra Posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am

Rachel pushed her hair out of her eyes, checking her phone as she walked into the coffee shop. She'd finally quit her job at the boarding school, which was thrilling. She was so done with taking care of bratty children - Rachel needed to deal with her own family. However, this didn't stop the school from continuing to email her about school details that she no longer had an interest in. She was glad to not be a headmistress for once, teaching was something she enjoyed, and it was nice to have an easier job for awhile. After waiting for a few minutes in line, she ordered an espresso and took it, looking around. She spotted her husband seated in an armchair a few feet away. Rachel smiled, taking the seat next to his and setting her coffee on the table. "Hey, love."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James Montez
School Nurse

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 am

James ran a hand through his hair and took a sip of his tea, before leaning over and kissing Rachel on the cheek "Morning" He said, even though it was pretty near noon at this point "Glad I found the right shop" He takes another sip of his high class asshole tea. "How's the gang? I tried to find the library, but I got lost too much and someone was yelling at me so I panicked and left" He smiles sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel Montez
Latin Professor

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 am

Rachel smiled, taking a sip of her hot drink. "I know getting lost is a tendency of yours. I'm glad too." She spoke, leaning back in her chair and crossing her legs. "They're good, as far as I know. I talked to Sebastian, I'm worried about him. He seems quite moody." The brunette took another sip of her espresso before continuing. "I haven't seen Maura, I'll have to walk around the History floor in a bit." Rachel laughed softly at James, "I'll show you where it is later. It's a really pretty library, and Presley will be happy to see you. But anyways, how's your morning been?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James Montez
School Nurse

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 am

James grinned and nodded "You know. Big..." He rolls his shoulders and pulls his feet up. "I'm worried about him. I mean yeah he's been suspended before, but never for having alcohol on campus? And I've talked to him about it, How of course it isn't healthy and I should know and blah blah blah and this time he dragged someone else with him? A girl, that's all Georgina would tell me over the phone..." James said, frowning and stirring his drink idly. He nodded "Alright morning, Long drive, not enough caffeine. I had a surgery late last night. Broken arm." He pauses and takes a drink "Worried about my little crew around here. Maura's bringing a friend home for Christmas, which is new. She has a bit of trouble making friends you know.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel Montez
Latin Professor

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 am

Rachel nodded, taking another sip of her drink. "I know, I'm going to talk to her this afternoon…something seems different this time. Sebastian seems angry, but not the usual "I just got suspended and I hate everything" angry. I think there's something else going on, but I could be wrong. I'm really worried about how this will affect college…" She trailed off, sighing. "How'd the surgery go? And she told me, I'm really excited to meet them. I'm happy for her, she seemed unusually cheerful when she called me on the phone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James Montez
School Nurse

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:32 am

"It might be the time of year" He speculates quietly. It bugs James that even after eleven years he can't say his own son's name out loud without choking up. "It's always really rough for him, you know" He says and runs a hand through his hair again "He's smart. His grades aren't too great right now, But I know he'll get them up. Worst case he has to go to a community college for a year" James takes a drink and nodded "Alright. Usual, you know, Setting a badly broken bone" He smiles "I'm glad. She's been a bit down lately, Probably about Sebastian leaving for college"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel Montez
Latin Professor

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Rachel looked down for a moment, tapping her fingers against her knee. Eleven years. It had been nearly eleven years, and she still couldn't talk about it. "Yeah, you're right…" She said, clearing her throat and blinking as they moved into the next subject. "He is, yes. That's true, I mean, he is talented." The brunette spoke, pushing her hair out of her face again; taking a sip of her drink. It was almost irritating how often James was right about these things. He was better at this than she was, although Rachel would never admit that. "Mhm. I know Maura will miss hima lot. I don't think Sebastian would go too far away, though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James Montez
School Nurse

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:31 am

James took a long drink of his coffee and sighed "He just needs to pull his act together. He's an adult now, he needs to act like one" James sighed and ran a hand through his hair again. A lot had changed in the past 19 years. His spanish accent was almost completely gone, and he was now a Real American Citizen (He also held citizenship in England and Spain, of course), he'd gotten married, had three kids, fucked up pretty bad with the ones who'd made it, and now he had to fix it. When he was younger, back when Sebastian was a kid, there was a long period of time when James tried to be his friend, because that's what he needed. He had lost someone close, and no one dealt with it well. He needed a friend. But it never ended. He stayed a friend too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel Montez
Latin Professor

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:39 am

Rachel nodded, biting her lip and taking a deep breath. Sebastian had been better lately, she really hadn't seen this coming. Just when he was about to get it together, he blew it. She trusted Sebastian, a lot more than he showed. Rachel knew he could do this, he just had to find the motivation. Maybe a family Christmas was just what they needed. She hoped that it could help bring them back together, help to make things less tense. "He just needs a reason to do it. Sebastian can do it, he's just not motivated enough." The brunette reasoned, taking another sip of her coffee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James Montez
School Nurse

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:55 am

James nodded "I haven't told them our plans for the holidays yet. Although I should tell Maura soon, just so she can alert this friend of hers." He yawned "Do you know anything about this friend? She left it at just friend, when she was speaking with me. Not even a gender" He said, taking another long drink of tea, draining it. "He needs someONE to motivate him. But he's only got weird friends. That Marco guy, and whoever else is on the baseball team, and boys are boys, you know. Art is apparently pretty 'Girly' these days?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel Montez
Latin Professor

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:01 am

"Yes, you should probably tell them soon." Rachel finished the last of her drink, setting the empty cup on the table as she continued her conversation with James. "I don't…she hardly talked to me at all. I heard first from you, and when I talked to her, she just referred to them as a friend. No gender. Do you think she could be bringing home a boy?" The brunette bit her lip, wondering about this guest Maura was brining. "I mean, I feel like we should know before we let them stay with us."

"You're right…I mean, it's not like he has a social issue. He has plenty of friends, maybe just not the right ones. And I suppose it might be, but I don't think Seb would let that get to him or really care, to be honest. And this school doesn't seem like there's a lot of hatred for what people like to do, but it is a high school."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James Montez
School Nurse

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:08 am

"I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. Even if it is just a friend, you know how Sebastian is, always bringing home a different girl, and Maura is sixteen now, maybe she feels like she needs to do the same?" James shrugged "She's always admired her brother quite a bit. Not sure why. And yeah, I'd love to get to know them, I mean, I don't want it to be like that one girl Sebastian brought home..."

"I never got shit in high school for being an artist. Well I got a bit from you but you know, expected" James smiled slightly at his wife "I've told him dozens of times that if they are his real friends, they'll support what he does. I just hope he doesn't drop it because he's scared he won't be able to make a living off of it, Like I did"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel Montez
Latin Professor

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 am

Rachel closed her eyes for a moment, hoping that Maura wouldn't be like Seb in the sense of bringing three different people home over a week. "I really hope she's not like that…I think Maura knows better. She wouldn't do that. But I'm looking forward to meeting them, I'm sure they're nice. And, anyone can be better than that one girl. If those are your standards, I'm sure Maura's friend will pass."

Rachel smiled. "I don't think his friends are discouraging him. I think he's dealing more with himself…he just needs the motivation. I hope he doesn't drop it, he gets his talent from you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totally a date   

Back to top Go down

Totally a date
Page 1 of 1