Welcome to a new generation of education - students chosen by potential and geared for success in their desired careers.

HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tension in the Kitchen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Young-Passione
Italian Language Professor

Zodiac : Libra Posts : 36

PostSubject: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 am

"Somehow, I think this went from being a movie night to me cooking a feast for you." Gabriel joked as he pushed open the heavy doors of the kitchen. Taking a deep breath, he glanced over his shoulder to make sure Theo was still behind him; he smirked at the other man, "what would you like?" Gabriel went to pull out the stuff he would need to cook - bowls, mixers, knives... he pulled a package of chicken from the fridge and grimaced as he set it down on the counter, "I can make pretty much anything." As he waited for the other man to decide, Gabriel drummed his fingers on the counter and shifted from one foot to the other, trying to keep his eyes on the kitchen instead of focused intently on Theo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

Zodiac : Sagittarius Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 12:28 am

Theo followed Gabe, running a hand through his hair, which desperately needed a cut, it was brushing the bottom of his ears now. "It did. It's not my fault you don't know what a Red Vine is. And it's also not your fault that I am Bearish." He said, sliding into a seat and looking intently at the pattern on the counter. "What's your favorite thing to make?" He asked, looking up for just a moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 12:35 am

Gabriel hesitated, tilting his head from side to side as he pondered the question. The counter was cool beneath the palms of his hands; he lifted them up, grabbing a metal bowl and spinning it. "Tiramisu is my favorite thing to make, but that's hardly a substantial dinner." Gabriel licked his lips and then pursed them, watching the bowl spin on the counter. Finally, he stopped it, grabbing the chicken and slapping it on the cutting board to his left. He cut open the plastic of the package and turned around to heat up the oven, a small smile forming on his lips as he washed his hands quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 12:42 am

Theodore watched, probably a bit too closely, as Gabriel licked his lips, and completely missing what he said, making only a small hum of agreement after it was said. When he started moving suddenly, Theo nearly fell out of his chair. He quickly righted himself and tugged on his hair, leaning forward on his elbows. "So chicken? I didn't know that...... chicken's were native to... italy...." he said and then internally sighed, wishing he could smack himself. Instead he looked at his shoes and rubbed the back of his neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 am

Rolling his sleeves up, Gabe grabbed the chicken and began cutting the slimy meat, tossing it in the bowl. He chuckled at Theo's comment, "adorable." He whispered, a light flush coloring the creamy skin of his cheeks. He turned his back on Theo for a moment, reaching up in one of the top shelves for canisters of seasoning. "chicken alfredo was my sister's favorite. Annah always wanted it. I've made chicken alfredo so many times it's not even funny." Gabriel explained, pulling a box of long noodles from the cabinets, "Of course, it won't be the same without me being able to actually make the noodles, but this will do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 am

"Can you do it blindfolded?" Theo asked, doodling on his hand with a pen he'd found on the counter "Could you do it if I started singing obscene music?" He looked up, there eyes meeting for a moment before he looked at the chicken "I mean, box noodles are alright. Kinda... you know I've never had homemade noodles. Mum could make them but there were so many of us, she never had the time. She had a job, and dad had two. We normally had Mac and Cheese or Grilled Cheese or Soup. Or casserole." He said, and continued to doodle on his hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 1:00 am

"Yes and yes, though I'd risk losing a finger or two." Gabriel laughed, chewing on his lower lip. He watched Theo for a moment, holding the box of noodles in his hand. He glanced at his watch, staring at the time for a moment before finally setting them down on the counter and opening them, "I'll make you homemade pasta and bread sometime. You and Roxy both - if she'd like. And sauces so you two can choose to eat whatever you want." Gabriel tossed the noodles into a pot of boiling water on the stove, and stuffed the chicken - which had been laid out on a metal pan - in the oven, "and now we wait."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 1:04 am

"Roxaaaaaaaaaaaanne" Theo sang, half distracted as the doodle moved around to his palm. "She might propose to you. She was the youngest and raised mostly on fast food" He told Gabe, dropping the pen on the table and looking up as he slipped the pan into the oven. He looked adorable, his hair all floppy, and there was a bit of dirt or spice or something on his cheek. Theo grinned and held out his hand, examining it carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 1:11 am

Gabriel stared at Theo's hand, his eyebrows arched inquisitively as he admired the doodles, "I'm afraid I'd have to decline her proposal. But I'd be happy to cook for either of you any time you like." Gabriel moved the bowls and such around, grabbing the stuff to make the alfredo sauce from the fridge. He mixed it together quickly, pulling the chicken from the oven when the timer went off. The noodles were next; he strained them, then put them onto two plates and covered them with sauce. He sliced up the chicken, humming to himself as he did so, then put some on both the plates. Finally, he took the courses over to the counter and set them down, stabbing his fork into one of them and holding it out to Theo, "hmm?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 1:21 am

Theo rubbed his chin. Crap. He probably looked homeless. he needed a shave as well. He had been much too tired lately. Theo hardly got any sleep since he and Jack finally called it off. It had been a long three years, and although it was Theo that decided it was over, he still missed Jack like nothing else. Although Hanging out with Gabriel helped that go away. He watched Gabe again, moving around and stacking bowls and mixing and cutting before turning towards him. He grinned "Are you threatening me with chicken or offering it to me?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 1:28 am

"Do I seem like the type of guy who would threaten you?" Gabriel chuckled, waving the forkfull of food in front of Theo. He wanted to ask the other man a million questions, none of them related to food - like how he was doing, what Gabriel could do to make things easier, why he'd chosen to end things with Jack... His curiosity burned; he fought to keep the questions back, "C'mon. I need you to tell me how it tastes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 am

Theo took the fork with a dramatic eye roll and and quick smirk, before examining it carefully "What if your a psycho and this is all part of your EVIL PLOT?" He asked, thanking the lord that he was good at acting. He was doing it now. Acting as Theo when he didn't want to pull the other man across the table and kiss him. He grinned again and then ate the chicken, and nodded. "Very good. 9 out of 10."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 am

"If only I was that clever." Spinning around, Gabriel grabbed his own fork and stuck it into the Alfredo. He twirled the pasta around the utensil, watching expectantly as Theo took a bite. "Only a 9?" He asked, feigning hurt as he took another bite of the pasta. He kept his eyes on the dish in front of him, glancing up occasionally to meet Theo's eyes. About the third time that he looked up at the other man, Gabriel noticed a spot of Alfredo sauce right above his jaw. Before his mind could catch up and realize what he was doing, he had reached across the table and wiped the sauce away with his thumb. He blushed, realizing his actions and withdrew his hand, muttering an apology.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sat May 25, 2013 1:48 am

"Maybe if you weren't such a violent cook..." Theo made a point of adding a smirk at the end of that comment, before tugging at his hair and humming to himself "Tell me about yourself, Gabriel. What did you do as a kid? How did you get from Pastor to Italian teacher?" he drummed his fingers, leaning towards him slightly, eyes focused just left of him. He'd break his act if he looked at him, he knew it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sat May 25, 2013 2:09 am

"Pastor to Italian teacher?" Gabriel bit his lip, bringing his hand up to rub his clean-shaven chin as he pondered the question, "well. That's a bit of a long story. As you know, I wanted to inspire people... Reach out to them. When I was younger, spreading the message of God seemed to be the best way to do that. But then I realized, I wanted to inspire people in more ways than just spiritually. I wanted to inspire people through language... Through culture. Through life." Gabriel's eyes wandered around the kitchen as he spoke, absentmindedly tracing a pattern on the counter between he and Theo. Finally, he directed his attention back to the other man, smiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sat May 25, 2013 2:17 am

"I've....I've never really believed in God. Not really" Theo said, and looked at the counter as if it owed him a large sum of money "I mean... Mary took me to church when I was little, but.. Things happened and I just..." Theo sighed and looked at the ceiling. The memory was painful, but bright. Sometimes it still haunted his dreams "When I was 9 my best friend's dad shot him and his mom and baby sister, then himself. Abby, his sister, she and him made it, for a bit, so I thought that maybe there was a god, Maybe he saved Abby and Arnie. But then he died. Suddenly. They missed something obvious and he died in his sleep. Abby... She's made it to 12 years old, but she couldn't walk or talk or hold herself up and.." Theo sighed again and shrugged "If there is a God, I'm not too fond of him"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sat May 25, 2013 2:26 am

"It's a common misconception," Gabriel started, leaning in towards Theo, "people think God created violence; when really it was Adam and Eve who released violence into the world when they chose to do what people do - betray. God's heart breaks for this dysfunctional world we call home." He reached up to twist the cross hanging from his neck, his fingers tugging on it for a moment as he kept his eyes locked on Theo, "but oh it is a beautifully broken world. And that's not to say you have to believe in God. You just need to believe in something - not even something spiritual - just something to keep you here and remind you how beautiful life can be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sat May 25, 2013 2:37 am

Theo shrugged and looked back at the counter, memorizing it. "It's hard to believe in some higher power when nothing really goes your way. Plus, I'm gay. I wasn't allowed on church grounds back home, and all the kids from St. Anthony's threw rocks at me when I rode my bike down the street, and while my family was very accepting, my brother broke his arm defending me for who I am. And then when I broke my back when I was 15, those kids came to the hospital and told me it was because God hated me and was trying to off with me so my family could live in peace again." Theo remembered that day. Roxy had bitten one of them and said a word seven year olds should not know. He wanted to remember this, too. Maybe then he would like Gabriel so much. "Now I know that lately, everyone but those crazy dudes from Kansas and some radicals and most republicans think it's okay to be gay, God loves you the same. But I grew up thinking if he was there, he hated me. So I decided he wasn't" Theo shrugged again and looked up "I mean, I understand that you believe, just... Don't you know, start leaving bibles around Young's or any sly shit like that. I'll know it's you and then I'll make you pay for ice cream"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sat May 25, 2013 2:58 am

Gabriel nodded, dropping his eyes to his hands, "alright. But Theo..." Gabe hesitated. He stopped speaking for a few seconds, busying himself with cleaning up the dishes. He put them into the sink, rinsing the plates. Then, he returned to the counter. He shoved his hands into his pockets, rocking back on his heels. Finally, Gabriel cleared his throat, "Theo, no one could ever hate, regret, turn their back on... No one could ever..." Gabe stopped again, rubbing his hands over his face. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get the words out. "You are... A magnificent creation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sun May 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Theo laughed and ran a hand through his hair, focusing on the short conversation he'd had with Peter Fera, School Board Guy, about the new rule, remembering that if he acted on his emotions, he'd lose his job, the one at the school, and seeing as Young's only business came from the school and the small village a mile or so away, he didn't get much business. He needed the job at the school, not to mention he loved it. "Gabriel you've only seen my good days. My really good days. Probably my best days. I'm normal a cynical asshole who hates all those who oppose me. I yell at kids who take too long to decide what ice cream they want"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sun May 26, 2013 10:19 pm

"We all have our fair share of good and bad." Gabriel offered, clasping his hands together on the counter, "now, since you now know what brought me here to teach, what brought you here? What made you want to stay here instead of running off to New York to pursue the glittering lifestyle of Broadway?" Gabriel drummed his fingers on the counter, biting the inside of his cheek as he waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theodore Young-Passione

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   Sun May 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Theo sighed and laughed awkwardly "Well... I had a soccer thing going for ages, I was going to do that, I saw a theatre show and decided 'wow i like that. i think I'll do that instead of play soccer' and the show i got my first role in, it was West Side Story, I was ensemble, but I was climbing the fence once, during rehearsal, and I fell and fractured my spine, so that put a real end to soccer. And I've always wanted to own Young's. Always. It's my favorite place to be, and When I was younger I thought maybe I'd go back and forth, Off Broadway and Young's. But teaching is great. I love it" He nodded, focusing on the counter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tension in the Kitchen   

Back to top Go down

Tension in the Kitchen
Page 1 of 1