Welcome to a new generation of education - students chosen by potential and geared for success in their desired careers.

HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

Zodiac : Leo Posts : 58

PostSubject: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Lana pulled her jacket tighter around her as she sat on the bench outside the store, frequently checking her phone in wait of a reply from Jax. They were supposed to meet up at the dress shop at four, and it was three fifty-nine. Granted, he still had one minute to show up and Lana wasn't going to kill him if he was late, it was just really cold. She was shivering and it was barely even fall yet. The brunette knew that if she went into the store without Jax, Idina would start talking to her and make her try on dresses before Jax could arrive, and then he probably wouldn't show up.

Lana didn't know why she wanted Jax to come, she just did. It was probably because she was too scared to ask Cadence to go with her, and she didn't want to do this alone. She was really looking forward to homecoming, and this was an excuse to spend more time with Jax.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

Zodiac : Scorpio Posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Pushing through the throngs of people that crowded the street, Jax breathed heavily when he finally came to a halt outside of Idina's, a boyish grin on his face as he leaned forward to peck Lana on the cheek gently. Pulling back, Jax glanced down at the watch on his wrist.
"Four o'clock on the dot. You should be proud." He joked, running a hand through his disheveled hair. turning to face the dress shop, Jax reached for Lana's hands, confidence radiating as he reached for the handle to the doors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Lana smiled and stood up when she spotted Jax pushing his way over to her. She smiled more when he kissed her on the cheek, and laughed as he glanced down at his watch. "I'm very proud." The brunette responded, kissing him lightly on the lips before he reached for her hand, walking into the store. It was empty, which was one of the reasons Lana liked coming here. She always dress shopped here, mainly because Idina was a friend of her mom's, but also because she rarely saw anyone else. It was nice and secluded.

Stepping into the store, she looked around at the different displays that were obviously set up for homecoming. A woman in her early fifties turned the corner and Lana smiled at seeing her. "Lana!" The woman cried, going in for a hug and causing her to break her hold on Jax's hand. The brunette laughed and exchanged a few words before introducing Jax to Idina. The door dinged as another person walked in, and Lana was glad when Idina left to go help the girl. She loved Idina, but she wanted to be alone with Jax.

"See anything you like?" Lana questioned, looking around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Jax hummed as he turned away from Lana at the question, running his fingers over the fabrics of the dresses hanging nearest him. He took a moment to admire them, a feeling of awkwardness settling over him as he picked up a curve-hugging black dress with a deep V that would have reached Lana's navel.
Smirking delightedly, Jax slung it over his arm and pushed around a couple other dresses, fishing out a nude-colored, short dress with chunky rhinestones covering it. Long sleeves. After a moment of hesitation, Jax returned it to the rack, flipping through the dresses once more as he sought after a dress that caught his attention.
A few moments later, he returned to Lana's side, 10 dresses neatly laid over his arm; an accomplished grin overtaking his face. Placing a hand on the small of Lana's back, Jax nodded his head towards the dressing room, indicating that he'd be waiting for her when she finished up her shopping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Lana raised her eyebrows, watching Jax as he turned away from her. She didn't say anything as she saw the first dress he'd picked out for her. She didn't consider herself to be a conservative dresser, but not only was that dress slutty; her mom would probably be at the dance. Lana knew that if her mother saw her in that dress all hell would break loose.

The brunette turned around and looked through her own racks. She found a black dress with rhinestones on the bodice and a bottom that flared out, and another dress with a gold top and black bottom. Lana almost jumped when she felt a hand on the small of her back, but realized it must've been Jax. Turning around to face him, her eyes widened when she saw the amount of dresses he'd laid over his arm. "M'kay, let's go." Lana said, following him into the dressing room, trying to avoid Idina's glance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Jax gave a small wave to the store owner as he followed Lana into the dressing room, plopping down onto the bench at the back of the small room, and lying the dresses beside him. He clasped his hands together, leaning forward as he locked eyes with Lana, winking at her briefly before he returned his attention back to the dresses, pushing through the stack to pull out the black dress he'd first pulled out. He cocked his head to the side as Lana eyed him suspiciously; he held the dress out to her.

"I guessed on your size," he started, "Now. I'd like to remind you that you should probably keep an open mind when trying on these dresses. Just remember, the less material there is, the easier it will be to take off." Jax joked, reaching forward to grip the belt loops of Lana's pants. He slid his fingers around and unfastened the pants, smirking up at Lana as he moved to pull the dress off the hanger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm

As Jax shut the door behind him, Lana scowled when he waved at Idina. "Fuck you." She said as he smirked at her, sitting down on the bench. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion as he took out the dress she'd seen before, the one with the low cut. "You know there's a large chance my mom'll be there, right? I'm risking a lot by going with you, and if I wore this I think she would try to murder me." She asked, a small smirk appearing on her face.

Her demeanor changed quickly as Jax hooked the belt loops and undid the button that kept her jeans on her waist. She almost leaned in to kiss him, but he pulled away too fast and handed her the dress. Glancing at it, she realized that she'd have to take her bra off to wear it. Biting her lip, she decided to not, mainly because that was something that had stopped her last night. She'd just slip it on over, and if that was the dress she ended up buying (which she really doubted), she wouldn't wear it then. Hanging her purse and jacket up on the remaining hook, Lana took off her top and jeans, letting them fall to the ground as she slipped into the dress, which turned out to be her size.

It was a nice dress, but Lana disliked the low cut. Even if there was skin-colored fabric over it, the dress was a bit too slutty for her taste. Not to mention there wasn't even a zipper, which was something she preferred to have in a dress. "I think it's really slutty, and I can't upstage Jenna in that category. What should I try on next?" Lana asked, turning to Jax and leaning against the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Jax admired the dress, wrinkling his nose as a coy smile passed over his lips. She turned in it; he congratulated himself for a moment, watching as she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the wall. Jax reached out, his fingers brushing up her exposed thighs, ghosting over the skin there. He smiled, pulling back.

"I like it." He responded; he turned back to the dresses anyway, pulling out a slim white dress with cut-outs down the back; took it off the hanger slowly, trying to watch inconspicuously as Lana pulled off the black dress. He made a mental note to buy it for her later, for an occasion when her mother wouldn't be around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Lana opened her mouth a small bit as his hand ran up her thigh, blinking to regain her train of thought. Dresses, they were here to try on dresses. She slipped out of the black one, and took the white one from Jax, noticing that again there was no zipper. Lana knew Jax was watching her, and it was amusing since he was pretending not to.

"I know the only reason you came was so that you could watch me change. You don't have to pretend like you're not checking me out." Lana said, a light smirk on her face as she looked at herself in the mirror in the white dress. It looked nice, even though white wasn't exactly her color. "Let's try on another one," She said, slinking out of dress with the cutouts in the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

"Blasphemy! I came because I like looking at dresses." Jax joked, laughing as she slid off the next dress. He frowned, taking it from her as she kicked it to him. "Checking you out is only fun when you give me time to make the most of it." Jax said, tossing her a black dress that could have passed as a shirt. It was loose at the top; tighter at the bottom, the top low-cut and revealing more skin than even Jax could have asked for.

"My vote goes for that one." Jax said, crossing his legs on the bench with him. He winked at her, leaning forward and pulling the hem of the short dress, running his fingers around the bottom of it slowly. He was bad at keeping his hands to himself - this, he had to admit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Lana smiled softly, taking the next dress from him. It was cute, but it was short. Extremely short. "Did you go around and pick the shortest and tightest things in the store? I think you did." Lana said, slipping into the dress and looking at her reflection in the mirror. It was cute, but the length and cut made her feel...almost uncomfortable. That changed when Jax ran his fingers across the bottom hem, another point that it was too short.

"Do you have anything that doesn't make me feel like a prostitute?" The brunette asked, taking a step back as she slipped the short dress off her small frame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Jax shrugged, flipping through the dresses quickly before he looked back up at her, "Just go without a dress. I bet that'll really drive your mom insane. And me." Jax pointed out, before pulling out a more modest purple dress. He handed it to her, smiling as he pulled his phone from his pocket. He hesitated for a moment before he took a deep breath, clearing his throat.

"So I was thinking, for after homecoming, should I book us a hotel room?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Lana rolled her eyes as he looked through the pile of dresses. "What about this one?" Lana asked, picking a strapless black dress with glitter stripes out of the pile. This one had a zipper, but she only had to undo it a small bit before she could get into it. "Well?" Lana turned to face Jax, who was studying his phone. "I actually like this one." And she did. Granted, it was short, but she liked the sparkling asymmetrical stripes that went across the whole thing. It was a good compromise.

"Sure, if you want to." The brunette responded. She didn't really care where anything that would happen after homecoming, as long as it did happen and she felt safe about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Jax smiled as he looked up at her, dropping his phone in his lap. For a moment, he was speechless, unable to form a coherent thought as he watched light reflect off the crystals of the dress - as he admired the way it skimmed over her curves and showed off enough of her legs to be sexy and not slutty. Jax took in a deep breath, standing up and walking over to her. He wrapped his arms around her from behind, kissing her bare shoulder gently as he squeezed her waist tighter.

"It's beautiful." Jax admitted, "absolutely stunning."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Lana felt his arms slip around her waist and she turned so she was facing him. Slinging her arms around his neck, she smiled softly. "Thank you." She responded. She liked the dress a lot, it was a good compromise. Homecoming would be fun, Lana was definitely looking forward to it. The brunette knew it would probably be a drag for her boyfriend, but at least he had something to look forward to in the end. Lana drew him closer to her with her hands, pulling him in and kissing his lips gently. One hand dropped from behind his neck onto his shoulder, helping her to keep her balance. Since she wasn't wearing shoes and Jax was taller than her, she was on her toes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Jax sighed, gripping her waist tightly and lifting her up, making sure her legs were wrapped securely around his waist before he pressed her against the wall, his lips molding to hers eagerly as he kicked a dress out from under his foot.
"How long do we have to stay at Homecoming?" he asked, suddenly reminded of what he had to look forward to after the dance. He smiled at her, absentmindedly drumming his fingers against the small of her back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Lana let out a small, high-pitched noise as he lifted her up and pushed her against the wall. She continued to kiss him, her hand that had been on his shoulder moving down his chest, and the one on his neck she tangled into his hair. "Mmm...I don't know. We'll see." Lana said softly, before kissing his cheek and letting herself down to the ground. "Let's go and pay, yeah? We can go back to my dorm after." The brunette suggested, taking off the black dress and starting to change back into her regular clothes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Before she could slip on her clothes, Jax grabbed her waist and pulled her back to him so that her back was flat against him. He placed his hand on her stomach, splaying his fingers out across her tanned skin, his other hand flat against her hip, his finger toying with the waistband of her underwear. "You are a tease." He remarked, referring back to how she'd left him hanging only moments before. Sighing, Jax released her, tapping his foot impatiently as he waited for her to slip her clothes back on - or, more preferably, for her to take the other garments off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Lana let out a small gasp as she felt Jax pull her up against him in only her bra and underwear. His fingers moved across her stomach and hipbones before toying again with the waistband of her underwear. "I try." The brunette replied, smirking as he let her go. Pulling on her jeans and shirt, although she could see the disappointment in Jax's eyes when she was fully clothed. Picking up the dresses she didn't want, Lana stepped out of the changing room and set them on the rack for unwanted clothes. Making her way to the front of the store, she set the dress on the counter and pulled out her wallet, waiting for Idina to come over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Jax grinned as Idina stepped up to counter, a disproving look on her face as she glanced between the two, then at the dressing room.
"Sorry to dissapoint, but none of the dresses really looked that well on me. I guess I just don't have the right figure." Jax told her, fake pouting as he pulled his wallet from his back pocket, pushing Lana away from the counter slightly and handing Idina his card. "Whereas this lucky girl just looks good in everything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Lana squirmed under Idina's disapproving glare, and she knew that this would definitely get back to her mother. She opened her mouth to respond to what Jax had said, but was cut off when he handed Idina his credit card. "Jax, no." Lana said strongly, moving back towards her original spot and sliding her own across the counter to Idina. "You're not paying for this." She would feel bad if he did, really bad and guilty. Lana didn't like other people buying her things, especially because she had money to buy things herself. It was an independence thing. A cup of coffee or something small was fine, but an expensive dress for an event she'd dragged Jax into going to - no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jax Crawline
Head Steward

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:25 pm

"I will pay for it." Jax corrected, grabbing her card and sticking it into the back pocket of her jeans. He smiled as Idina ran his own card, leaning against the counter and toying with a thing of rings that were on display. He let out a deep breath when Idina finally handed back his card, scrutinizing him.
"Thanks." He said simply, watching as she bagged the dress carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Chapman
Cosmetology Student

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Lana reached for the card he'd shoved in her back pocket, but it wasn't quick enough. Idina had already ran Jax's card, and as much as Lana wanted to scream at him, she didn't. The brunette watched the older woman's eyes as she handed the card back to Jax. The way she scrutinized him made her temper flare, and it took a lot to keep from saying something then and there. Lana hated the way people judged Jax, and the way they judged her when she was with him. Taking the dress once it had been bagged, she said a sharp thank you before taking Jax's hand and leaving the store.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside   

Back to top Go down

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Page 1 of 1